Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Dr. Seuss

I am using the same tri folders I created last year for our Dr. Seuss Family Literacy Night. I left some space at the bottom middle of a few boards so I can set up supplies needed without covering up information on the board. I'll take more pictures the night of, so you can see the actual set up.
 We have worked on the at family words, so making this hat is really fun and easy for my kiddos.
 Here the children will trace their foot, measure with cubes, and decorate.
 Here is our Cat and the Hat snack. A vanilla wafer, a large marshmallow using frosting to holding it in place, and a few pieces of Twizzlers for the red stripes. 
 I have used the color Pepperridge Farms color fish in the past but they have change their colors, so , now I use M&M's as our "fish".  I am not sure which site I pulled the worksheet for this activity from. I will try to find it so I can share.
 
 Last year I made deviled eggs with green yolk, the children would not try them.  This year I am making green egg cookies.

Here is our classroom wish list board before the teacher's added their selections. The cute boxes decorated Dr. Seuss style will hold the books donated by the families.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment